Monday, June 28, 2010

Don't worry, we are still here

Yikes. Long time, no blog. June has been crazy and July doesn't look much better. I am finally feeling better and I am scheduled for a pilonidal cyst removal at the end of July. It certainly doesn't fit into our summer schedule nicely, nor our baby making plans, but I certainly do not want a re-occurrence.

Hitting the rewind button, these have been the highlights of our June weekends:

Visit to WV to see special guest Mama Mer (my maternal grandmother) who is making her North American tour from the Philippines. The woman has 9 children, 25 grandchildren, and about 10 great-grandchildren (I'm probably missing a few people).
Mama Mer and her sister Auntie

Little kid birthday party weekend. Awkward conversations with parents I don't know very well. Hot weather and battling traffic on 29. And a work weekend to boot. Enough said.

WILLIAMSBURG! If I don't get to retire in Italy, this sure is my second choice. The Randolph-Hopke wedding was our excuse to visit one of our favorite spots so we made a long weekend out of it. Lolo & Lola came down to join the fun and watch the kids while we were at the wedding. We spent ALL of Friday at Busch Gardens. On Saturday while we were at wedding festivities, the kids splashed in the pool for hours and then followed it up with tennis with Lolo. Sunday after Mass, we had a Father's Day breakfast at our favorite spot, the Gazebo, before heading back to Charlottesville to witness the baptism of Gabriel Bevc (pronounced Bay-ootz). With 3 sacraments to celebrate, it was a super Catholic weekend. Of course no Williamsburg weekend is complete without a meal at Pierce's.
Mama, I just loooove Zoe the best. You know why? Because I think her outfit is just fabulous.
Mommy! Wook! Wook! I'm FWYING!
Free at last. A weekend at home. No photos were taken, but Julia spent her time sketching our relaxed weekend life:
First, notice Julia's nailhead detail on our couch. And 2nd, one guess as to what MFS is watching on TV. Below a drawing of Ella who was wearing a gingham romper with embroidered flowers and Cazin holding Ali.

No comments: