Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sending out an S.O.S

Remember my new discipline tactic? Solitary confinement? It is still working. Today I sent Jujube to her room for talking back, or something like that. Now, the time factor for solitary is different than that of time-out. Time out is usually one minute per year of age. It works with most children, but not the Juju. It has to be a longer duration like 30 minutes. And if the guilty should resurface out of the room to ask to come out or give more attitude, then time increases. It's not an exact science, but usually it is when mama has a chance to calm down. Which can take a while.

An S.O.S. was sent out and found at the bottom of the stairs. Since I didn't hear any footsteps on the stairs, I can only assume that is was thrown with the pencil as a weight from her room. Can I tell you how hard it is to discipline these children when they are so darn hilarious?

No comments: