Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Henri Matisse

Jujube, tell me about your artwork.

"Matisse used wild colors and shapes. He went to the hospital because he was old. He stopped painting because his arms weren't strong enough so he cutted out shapes and glued them on paper to make a collage. He had helpers that would bring him wild shapes and if they weren't wild he wouldn't put them on."

What else?

"Umm...it has lots of buttons and a little bit of feathers. It's a girl who is holding purple grass. And those buttons on the knees are bandages because she has polka dotted boo boos..." (And I think she is making it up on the fly at this point. The sly smile while telling a story about a pink soft duckie is the dead giveaway.)
My creative child

The School kids are on the mend. Julia's cold lasted a day (she's got quite the immune system), Cazin and Ella still have the leaky faucet, but their nights are more restful.

Other than our nap I feel like the kids were testing their vocal cords to the max all day. Julia and Cazin fighting over toys, Ella just screaming and screaming. And screaming. I was too tired from night shift to raise my voice to its fullest angst. Believe me I have fulfilled my potential as a Filipino mother. I can dish out the guilt and underhanded comments with the best of them. I think my mellow-ness today came from the cast of characters I took care of last night. Thank you, Lord for the perspective.

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

That masterpiece was almost as lovely as her description of Matisse. The kids is just plain smart. No way around it. She's also adorable. Sure wish I could see those adorable youngins soon. I'm going through School withdrawals.

Won't be long til I'm back in VA though! Can't wait!

Lauren said...

Julia is quite the artist!! (both in skill and her imagination for her work!) It's a lovely modern piece. My mom the artist would be all over this if she saw it.

Tracy said...

We need to get Corena and Julia together for a Matisse crafting day. I can only imagine the masterpieces they would come up with!
Glad you guys are on the up and up.