Friday, May 21, 2010

Rosary, mommy?

I needed a quiet night after this week. Jujube and I have not been getting along and I spent most of my week with cross words flying out of my mouth. Even though bad behavior surely would have gotten her restriction on any fun activities, when Julie called the other day to see if Jujube could come over for a sleepover, I new my prayers were answered. Someone once told me that when you pray and ask the Almighty for the gift of patience, He often gives you more opportunities to practice than the virtue itself. So I often just ask for salvation. And it came in the form of my Italian friend.

Today was Field Day at ECDC. I took my little "Olympian" (that is what she called herself) home for some lunch and quiet time. We packed her bag, got her showered and changed into her PJs before heading over to Julie's house. I know they will have a fun night. They make pizza, chocolate pudding parfaits in fancy glasses, watch a movie of Jujube's choice, and stay up till "midnight" after their snack. In the morning Julie makes pancakes in different shapes and sometimes they lounge in the kiddie pool, do crafts or play with Barbie dolls. Pure bliss for Jujube. And Julie.

Cazin, Ella and I went home for some leftovers and then possibly the easiest bedtime in weeks. After I put Ella down, I went to Cazin's room to say prayers and tuck him into bed. He asked, "What 'bout wosawee (rosary) Mommy?" I was surprised. The rosary is Jujube's thing. And I thought he was just along for the ride when we pray a decade each night. He brought out the book and his rosary beads and said, "Dis one mommy," pointing to a picture on the back. The Visitation. He flipped through the book until he found the section. God passed down His second gift of the day by way of His mother Mary.

Now I ready for another gift of the Lord. Friday Night Lights. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Butch Cazin said...

Great Job Cazin. Love you-Lolo & Lola

Tracy said...

It's amazing to see the seeds we've planted begin to sprout up!! Way to go Cazin. Julie sounds incredible. I'm guessing Jujube would agree. :)