Thursday, March 15, 2012

Off the grid

I have been off the grid. The interweb grid. No time for blogging, no time for bookface, no time for twitter, no time, no time. I just spent what seemed like an eternity spooning 6 different colored layers of batter into cupcakes wells for my darling girl's 1st grade St. Patrick's Day party, so I have no words left in my brain. So I will catch you up on the past two weeks in the School house through pictures.
Saturday 3.03.12. Dinner with Grandma & Grandpa. It felt like ages since we last spent time together and the kids were excited to hang out at the house. Julia opened up her birthday loot and her new favorite item is the weather station that not only gives the temperature reading, but has a girl that is dressed according to the weather. Poor thing, she has been bundled up to wearing a bathing suit in one week.
Grandma bought me a new sewing machine...now I have an excuse to learn! If it is only to sew on Julia's Girl Scout patches, it will be well worth it.
Sunday 3/04/12. Max's first go at solid food. The little mother begged me to feed him. He absolutely loves the food. Rice cereal, yogurt, fruit, vegetables...He will be eating table food in no time.
Monday 3/05/12. That morning Cazin sang "Snow day! Snow Day!" while dancing around the family room. The snow lasted long enough for the girls to build Julie the snow girl before melting by noon. We enjoyed the day at home watching movies, drinking hot chocolate and playing games.
The boys (and mama) preferred staying indoors.
Friday 3.09.12.  My little astronaut. Quiz Cazin about the planets, and he is happy to give you the facts. I giggle every time he says Uranus. Yes, I'm still in middle school. Julia had her well check with Dr. Michel and was happy to learn that she will not need another shot until she is 11 years old. Julia by the numbers: Height 51.5 in, Weight 65.5 lbs.
Monday 3.12.12. Our last Grandparents Day at ECDC. Lolo & Lola made the trip down to spend time with the kids. I surprised the big kids and loaded Lolo & Lola in the van when it came time to pick them up. When Cazin rounded the corner, we were first in car line and I heard him let a big gasp as soon as he saw his Lolo in the front seat then excitedly looked for Mrs. McCollough to tell her the good news. It was such a fun day the kids and I were so sad when they had to leave.
Thursday 3.15.12. Almost midnight. Guess I had more words in my brain than I thought. I have no pictures today, but I do have to mention Ella's follow-up appointment with Dr. Landes. I think she has a crush on the fine doctor. First it was the tears when I finally cut off the "bwacewet (hospital ID band)that Dr. Wandes gave to me." I thought she would never forgive me until I suggested that she keep it in her jewelry box. The incision has healed very nicely and we don't have to see Dr. Landes ever again assuming no other ear, nose or throat issue arises. Ella seemed a little sad about that and reluctantly walked out of the exam room.

I won't make any empty promises to the blog. It's not you, it's me. Let's just see what tomorrow brings.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

This was a much needed update on the School Family. These pictures make me happy and so excited about spring, warmer weather, being outside more, etc!