From birth Julia has always surprised and impressed us with her mental capacity. So we thought we might have a musical virtuoso on our hands. We asked our friend to teach her piano. The lesson lasted all of 5 minutes and my hopes of having a musical child were dashed.
For the last 2 years, we have housed a piano for friends until they decided what they wanted to do with it. The big kids certainly have been interested, but it has been Ella that demonstrated playing the piano isn't about bashing random keys. So, again we called up our friend. I had a feeling of success once Ella saw the beautiful, shiny grand piano. She started squealing in delight like an excited puppy. Ella listened well, followed instructions and had a great time tickling those ivory keys. Who knows how long this will last, but Ellaroo is soaking up every minute of her special activity.
We survived the first day of School summer. The kids were patient with me as I met with various moving companies and dragged them along afternoon errands. While I sort and pack, I often have Julia on baby duty since little man is all over the place. Confession: not a fan of this phase. Not one bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment