Thursday, August 9, 2012

Catching up

We're back from a very long blog break. Here are the highlights from our extremely hectic summer:

Max is flying through months 9 and 10. Parenting him is a little like trying to catch a runaway train. At 9 months he started cruising along the furniture as well as climbing stairs. At 10 months he is getting very brave standing on his own. I have yet to locate a Stride Rite store in Richmond for proper walking shoes. His first words: Go!, Mama and Dada. Often Julia and Max like to get into shouting matches. The boy is LOUD. He has 8 pearly whites. Consistently Max has been sleeping through the night from 7:30 pm to 6-7 am. He still is a very happy and charming baby with mama's short temper.

Max by the numbers (@ 9 month appointment): Length 29 in (70%), Weight 20 lbs 5 oz (50%), HC 47 cm (90%)

Derecho. When I was a teenager driver, my parents would often yell this word while gripping the "oh s*^!" bar and slamming on their imaginary brake. Now the word means an angry wind storm that left us without power for 3 days and proved I would not make it as a colonist. With the high temps, we high tailed it out of Crozet to Camp Lolo & Lola for some aircon. Of course it would happen the weekend before our big move to Richmond. Which leads me to...

We have a new address! It was one of our more interesting (read between the lines) closings and I'm sure we lost a few years off of our lives those few days, but I'm grateful that we can add it to the investment portfolio. The move has been incredibly life giving to our marriage and family. Though we have been extremely busy, we have managed to eat dinner together almost every night. We are in love with the house, and the children have adjusted so quickly, often remarking that this house is better than the last. I've quickly become accustomed to having MFS around and it is more fabulous than I ever imagined.

My final day at UVA Health System was last Wednesday. It was difficult for me since I wasn't quite ready to leave. The last time I left OPSC I was ready to be a stay at home mom. Thank goodness I can still stalk these people on the facebook.

Cazin lost his two front teeth and a bottom incisor which makes a total loss of five. When Julia's teeth came out, it was a month long dramatic ordeal. The girl can obsess. This is what happened with Cazin last week while he and MFS were watching TV.

Daddy, I pulled my tooth out!
Oh! Are you okay?
Yup. Can I go show Ate?
Sure, buddy.

We didn't even know they were loose. The next morning...

Mommy, can I have a waffle with peanut butter?
Sure...wait...open you're mouth. Did you lose another tooth on the bottom?
Umm..(poking his tongue around) Yup, sure did.
Did you pull it out last night?
Nope.

Today the 2nd front tooth came out quickly thanks to my sneak attack.

The kids are growing like weeds. Everyone has moved up a size or more which left me ill prepared when we hit the uniform store and Land's End for some back to school shopping attire. I cannot wait for the uniform days to begin as Julia and mama have come close to fisticuffs on several outfit choices this summer.

And I believe we are all caught up!

We enjoyed our last few days in Crozet, hitting our favorite spots.
 Seeking refuge after the derecho at Lola & Lolo's
 A sad day. Saying farewell to Dr. Michel after 7 years.
  The new digs
 My grandmother looking good as ever!
I love these toothless smiles!

No comments: