MFS has been toiling away at graduate work that is due. Sunday night he found me teary-eyed while folding our children's clothes. I kept thinking how 20 sets of parents would wish to have grass and tomato sauce stained clothes to launder once more.
Sweetie, I need help. I need to write a response in apocryphal language.
Like Revelations? (I thanked the Almighty that I would never be a Theology student.)
Kind of, but it needs to talk about what's going on in the world right now rather than project what is going to happen.
The shooting?
Hmm...that's horrific.
Maybe the fiscal cliff?
That's dismal.
Hurricane Sandy?
This life is depressing.
MFS went on to finish his response and poked his head upstairs again to ask if I wanted to watch a required movie, God on Trial. It was about the Jews who suffered in Auschwitz. My husband knows how to cheer a girl up. The movie was just what I needed. The reminder that God is here. Always. Through the evil and the angelic, He is here. The "O Antiphons" begin today which is meant to bring an intensity to our Advent prayer. We need this Advent. We need Jesus. Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel shall come to thee, O Israel.
No comments:
Post a Comment