Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kid in a candy shop

"This was the best school day EVER!" said Cazin.

I am over the moon that he had a great day, as my expectations (selfish as they may be) of the morning fell rather short. A slow start at Goddard left me little time to get to work, and no time to drop off the big kids at Lourdes with MFS. I was all in a dither. Sadly, I didn't get to see Cazin in all of his arm flapping glory when entering his Kindergarten classroom. MFS said it was like a kid in a candy shop. Cazin was gasping, ooh-ing and awe-ing all over the place. "Daddy, look at this room!" he exclaimed. He was so enthralled with his surroundings that he could barely follow the teacher's instruction to separate his glue sticks out.

Ella and Max had a fabulous day at Goddard. As always, Ella made fast friends and fit right in. I think Max enjoyed motoring about with free reign in the baby room.

We did it. It may not have been pretty, but the family survived the first full day of school, work, daycare and the Richmond commute.
 I'm still holding out hope that Cazin will one day cooperate in front of the camera.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Happy 1st day of your new school year routine. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see the arm-flapping-Cazin enter into his classroom the first time.