Friday, August 23, 2013

First day of school

Unlike last year, the start of this school year did not catch me unawares. We were ready. We new where to be and most importantly, where to not only drop off our children, but navigate the carline maze.

Cazin had a great day. He was so excited this morning he almost forgot to give mama a kiss goodbye. Julia's day was a mixed bag and I'm finding that is the case with her most days. We're happy, sad and life is just unfair...mostly the rule that students have to sit with their youngest sibling during carline. This year it means Pre-K. Oh, the drama! Jujube certainly didn't appreciate the fact that I found it knee-slapping hilarious that she would have to sit with the Pre-K or K kids until 8th grade. Being the youngest sibling myself, I cannot sympathize with her. My highlight was all the great looks at Big Bertha during carline.

We're ready to start again tomorrow with Ella's first day in Pre-K. While she is loving to Max and Carmen, she found filling the big sister role today was tough work. Big sister = manhandle Max-zilla or dictate how loud I get to play my music in the car. She did suggest Max take a nap. At 8am this morning. Here's to a great year!

No comments: