Sunday, April 26, 2009

You down with O.P.P.?

There is no good reason for the above title except that I can't get it out of my head. On our way home from church tonight, we were rockin' in the minivan with Naughty by Nature. Thanks to XM radio and my friend Julie, old rap songs from the 80's and 90's have been in my head this week.

We had a great weekend reunited as a family of 5 for the first time in a while. We worked in the yard, went shopping at Lowe's, took great naps and concluded with church and Cane's Chicken. It was the exactly the weekend that we needed before Mike starts traveling again. Quiet, fun and most importantly together! We even watched this great thunder/hail storm that passed through on Sunday. I normally dislike thunder because I am a scared-y cat (and Guinness gets crazy), but now I smile thanks to my little friend Hendley. I love the way she says "Tunder!" and makes her surprised "o" face. Thunder puts a smile on my face now!


The other big news is that Ella has started sleeping in her crib at night for 4-5 hour periods. HOORAY!!! Co-sleeping is a means of survival for me to get rest initially during the newborn phase, but my quality of sleep is so much better when the kids get kicked out of the bed and start sleeping for longer lengths of time. We all do what we need to to get our beauty rest. Especially my boy--check out Cazin during naptime...all he is missing is ruby red slippers.
I know the large bow is a little ridiculous, but I couldn't find the small one. She reminds me of Minnie Mouse. Hard to believe she is almost 3 months old.

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

That video got me tickled. And I CAN'T BELIEVE what a big girl Ella looks like in that precious picture. The baby phase seems to get faster and faster with each kid!

Catie Murphy said...

Love reading your updates! Thanks for all the pics and fun stories...

cgharv said...

This has me laughing out loud!!! Sweet Ella gets more precious by the day. Hurry up and get that girl an agent:)