Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

The other day I was getting dressed after my shower when I hear Cazin yell "Help, Mommy! Mommy, HEEELPP!" Panicked, I ran into the kids' room to see where he had (my guess) wedged himself this time. The little turkey was just laying on Jujube's bed chewing on Ali-Ali. I think he liked my response so much that I hear it several times a day now. He says it with such distress and a perfect southern accent. I am a sucker for his sweet little voice, pouty bottom lip and pretty brown eyes.

I am just so happy to hear him put sentences together. Some new ones are "No want to" or "mommy watch spouts (Sprouts or da for Dora)?"



Speaking of wolves (smooth transition eh?) I have now been entranced by the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I have been seeing the books everywhere for the past year and never thought much of them, but friends recommended them so I put myself on the hold list for the first 2 novels at the library to see what all the fuss was about. Well my number was finally up this week. I finished both in 2.5 days and am now re-reading them. Somebody take these books away from me! My children need to eat! I even impulsively bought the 2 disc DVD at Sam's Club yesterday. Meyer's writing has transported me back in time and I feel like a giddy teenage girl again. Julia even asked why I was smiling so funny when I was reading. I didn't even notice. Thankfully I had my monthly book club meeting tonight so I could talk and think about another novel. The madness!

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Next thing you know, you'll be on Intervention because of your Twilight addiction!

Unknown said...

I have resisted the Twilight craze for now... I have so many books stacked up here already! One of these days I'll get to them and understand what the big deal is.

The School Family said...

Elizabeth, you will not know what hit you.