Monday, September 6, 2010

NY State Fair

MFS has been talkin' up this fair since we've been together. 12 years. His family has a history with the NY State Fair spending the end of their summers at the fairgrounds working at Maurice's Belgian Waffle Stand and drinking all the milk 25 cent tickets could buy. I told him as long as it was the same or better than the county fairs I grew up with in WV and I could eat something fried, I would be happy. We all know that the VA State Fair is a little ghetto. I'll let the pictures to the talking. Brace yourself...there is a bundle! A special thank you to Uncle Tony & Aunt Maria for watching Ellaroo. At the bottom of this entry is a little surprise...a token of our fair adventure.
Part of the "Dairyville" butter sculpture
The Footsie Wootsie. Weird yet effective.
The Beatles tribute sand sculpture

If only Ella was with us, it may have made the Christmas card this year. Familia para siempre!

1 comment:

Bengela said...

great pix of the fair!! ...our state fair starts next weekend and now i cant wait to go and take Thale to another American tradition