I pictured myself with a big family one day. I just didn't picture the vehicle that would accommodate said family. I shuddered at the thought of buying a big ole van. Might as well slap a [insert any business] logo on the side or shake our tambourines while singing folk songs. Well Nissan stepped up to the plate and delivered a cool, hurge van that suits the needs of the Schools.
Confession time. While it drives like a regular van, I am knuckle biting afraid to take it through a drive-thru. Or park it near other cars. Or back it up. Lawd, if it wasn't for the back up camera I wouldn't be able to see anything behind me. Might as well have left out the rear view mirror. Its only good for making sure the kiddos are behaving. Did I mention I love it? I have more cargo space. It drives great, even sporty-like. The kids aren't squeezed in like sardines. And that means less bickering...I hope.
As always it was an adventure to purchase it with MFS working between two dealerships. I was expecting to pick up the van in NoVA at the end of the week, but instead got a call from MFS this afternoon with a change in plans. Thanks to his hard work and research we got a great deal at a closer location. (I tend to want to run and hide under a rock during these negotiations.) Max would've preferred a shiny, red sports car, but he'll have to earn that for a later day.
Saying goodbye to the Odyssey was sad. It was the car that I really loved next to my 1990 Honda Civic hatchback. It held a a little bit of our history. The faded crayon drawings from Cazin on the back console brought anger years ago, but today made me smile. We pictured Julia driving her siblings around in it one day, but now she can drive this behemoth! And when she complains, I'll show her a picture of the teal Astro van I drove in high school. EXT style, baby.
So there you have it. My real life School bus. We are blessed beyond measure.
1 comment:
I love it, K! Y'all are amazing and we send our love to you. You rock that van, girl, rock it!
Post a Comment