At the party my mom cooked wonderful food as always and the house was packed with family and friends. Since we will be in Charlottesville for Christmas, it was good to see my cousins and their kids and pass out early Christmas gifts. Julia was so excited to organize all of the gifts and I was impressed by her restraint not to peek or rip into the presents. "Four more days!" she said many times today. I was especially happy to see our favorite bartender, Johnny Walker. (That is his name is for real!) He has known our family since I was a little girl asking him for Shirley Temples and sneaking peach schnapps as a high school-er. He and his wife are the sweetest people.
We continue to ward off sickness...the kids and I are sniffling and Julia had some strange rash on her face that disappeared when we went to church today. (Oh, the healing properties of God and His church!) I just hope we can make it through the week. Don't know if it helps, but I'm shoving fluids, gummyvites and "hanitizer" at them.
P.S. It was also Mom & Dad's 33rd wedding anniversary. We love you Lola & Lolo!
1 comment:
The Schools have been busy lately.
Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow.
Post a Comment