Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Busy Bees
Mother's Day weekend was great. Though the lawn was not finished, Mike did surprise me with dinner at Prospect Hill, our favorite restaurant. At school Julia decorated a pot and planted zinnias in it for Mother's Day. She also made me a hat which was promptly deconstructed. I didn't get photos fast enough when trying on the hat...just picture me as a Shriner. I think Julia like myself is a European person stuck in a Asian body. Well in Julia's case, I guess it would be Asian/Caucasian persuasion. This weekend she was from the United Kingdom, making hats for everyone. Ella's was a pink, mini crown.
We are full speed ahead this week with errands, household chores and travel. Mike's sister Molly is getting married this weekend in Chesapeake Beach, MD and we are all anticipating the big event. It is Julia's third time as a flower girl and she is all about the fancy dress. As we leave for the weekend, a jeepney full of Filipinos will be inhabiting our house for UVA's graduation weekend. After a long, long, LONG journey our friend Robin is finally graduating! There is much cause for celebration and masses of his relatives to descend upon C'ville! Have a great weekend--I will post more on the festivities when we return!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ok, the pictures are the cutest EVER. And that is saying a LOT since they are always adorable.
I can't wait to see the hat Jujube makes for me.
Happy belated Mother's Day! I want to sign up for a Julia hat creation. Ella's arm roles are truly edible.
PS - My husband and I were married at Prospect Hill!!
Post a Comment