Sunday, May 31, 2009

Food, Friends & Family

Mike had a meeting in Williamsburg this morning and the kids and I joined him last minute since we haven't been able to spend much time with him this weekend. While he talked Lifeteen and youth ministry business at St. Olaf, I took the kids to the outlets hoping to find some deals. I made it to 2 stores before I called it quits. Cazin was kicking and screaming, Julia was running all over the stores bringing me merchandise that she pleaded with me to buy, mama was sweatin' bullets and Ella, sweet Ella was quiet as a mouse. (Probably internally laughing at mama's pathetic attempt at taking 3 kids 4 and under shopping.) At least I managed to buy a pair of sneakers for Julia for the school year and some crocs for Ella that I just could not resist. I could not find anything for Cazin, not that he would take off his crocs to try anything on. I was rescued by a call from our friends the Gasinks and we met them at Pierce's Pit BBQ for lunch. We headed home finishing our day with Mass and then Sal's pizza. A day of good food, friends and family time.
The munchkins: Katie, Cazin, Ella & Julia

1 comment:

Tracy said...

My mom used to live in W'burg before moving here and we still go back all the time. You ate at 2 of my favorite places...esp Pierce's. Yum. You were brave to try the outlets with the kids. I'm glad you kept a sense of humor through it and managed to find a few gems.