Despite the continuous aftershocks, all is well this first week of first grade.We are already discussing sleep-overs and weekend plans with schoolmates. Julia has jumped right into homework and has her very first spelling test tomorrow! Her response when we first spoke about on Tuesday: "I'm little worried about that."
The girl has nothing to worry about. We have practiced saying, writing and spelling aloud all the words and I think she will ace it. "I might even get an A+!"
Her teachers have also began skill assessments in reading and math. Julia told me that when they took her outside in the hall she was able to read everything "even words no one knew" and get the comprehension questions correct. So proud of herself she added, "I read up to the 2nd grade level." I'm pretty proud of her too.
While Julia was at school my I took my two little amigos to daily Mass and then to Sam's Club for some milk and meat. MFS and I have been trying to plan better meals since the summer schedule left us eating out or eating rather unhealthy. Last weekend we went on a mega grocery spree and the result: 15 meals cooked to eat and/or freeze for later. I still have 5 more to go. The cooking extravaganza earlier this week left me with cankles, but it has been well worth it not to worry about cooking at the end of a long day.
I think this was my first day to relax a little since camp. Enough to enjoy some downtime with the kids. Here are a few memorable statements from today:
Cazin: I love eating sandwiches, holding my red pig and watching TV! (His pig is a beanie baby recently given to him by Julie. This is a family blog, after all.)
Ella: When she got "the look" for misbehaving at Mass. Mommy, you wook wike angwy birds. I will add after that she repeatedly smooshed my face between her pudgy hands and laughed hysterically. Sounds reverberates quite well in a space not fully occupied such as a sanctuary.
3 comments:
OH MY GOSH....I am laughing so much right now at little E. What a little hoot. Can't wait to see that sweet girl as a big sister. Can hardly believe she won't be the baby anymore.
I'm so proud of Julia! What a great start to first grade.
An Angry Bird! Haha.
oooh lots of meals cooked ahead. That's a good idea. We have been on the take-out special all summer. I wish I liked to cook.
Post a Comment