Monday, August 22, 2011

Moving right along

Camp Fantastic was amazing as ever. I did not take one photo. Nada. But you can check out the photos on the Special Love website as well as this wonderful snapshot by NBC4. You know you've been to camp for enough years when you begin to "live" in certain classes like All-Star Sports and Cooking. It is wonderful to see the campers that survive and thrive as well as meet new campers and make new friendships. The love, support and comedic relief the Camp Fantastic family gives to one another on a daily basis make the sheer exhaustion hardly noticeable.

While mama was away, the kids had a blast at Camp Lolo & Lola's. They had not one, but two visits to Chuck-e-Cheese. As well as a new arcade/amusement park find called JD's. They came home with new toys and Julia's favorite: a camera addition to her Leapster Explorer. She has been taking and editing photos and videos all weekend.

MFS has been great...time away does make the heart grow fonder and one more productive! The house was immaculate upon our return, and though he did install a timed thermostat upstairs, he did set the correct preggo-happy temperature. It was a great weekend to relax and rest together as a family before the start of school.

Today we headed to the CCS Open House to meet Julia's teacher Ms. Ciccarone, as well as turn in her school supplies. First grade! I am beyond ready, people. This house needs some Catholic school discipline reinforcements like no other. Julia starts school tomorrow and Cazin will begin Pre-K at CCS in a few weeks. First Baptist can't open its doors soon enough for Ella. I love my girls. LOVE them. They are funny, sweet and smart...BUT have mercy, the attitudes are so big I sometimes just want to grab the wooden spoon or put them on the back porch and throw the dead bolt behind them. At this moment, I am ready to see all of them grow and learn, perhaps because I am eager to meet baby boy face to face instead of his head to my bladder.

Our little family. We're moving right along.

No comments: