Monday, December 12, 2011

Best of the holidays

If I could pick the best thing about the holidays, it is experiencing it with my kids. There is nothing better than watching them grow into awareness about the meaning of Christmas and the magic that surrounds the holidays. For weeks I have been hearing Ellaroo talking about the "Da angel dat brought good news. He bring good news, mommy" and singing familiar Christmas tunes that she and her older brother and sister learned in preschool. It makes me giddy with excitement.

While the big kids were in school, Max and I headed around town for errands and some last minute cheese cubes for the Froggy class Christmas party. I love First Baptist ECDC because they have been a big part of our lives for the past five years. Each one of my kids have been Froggies under the care of Mrs. Betty so I was thrilled when she handed me Ella's baby Jesus. Now I have three under the tree. While the two year olds scarfed down their gluten free cupcakes, we talked about the upcoming Christmas program and I am looking forward to seeing Ella shaking her bells and singing her heart out.

The rest of our afternoon was filled with domestic duties followed by dinner and bedtime. I should be in bed, but I can't resist making 3 Layer Cookies and watching a little Masterpiece Theater. I hope you and yours are enjoying all the delights of the season!





The gift in the upper left corner is from Ella to "Mama & Pa". "I made you a star!" I'm going to have to teach Ella about the surprise of gift giving.

1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

OH MY CUTENESS. And it is a good thing Ella is so cute, cause if she wasn't I would cry about how big she is getting. Is it just because we have baby Max now that she looks so growny???

Oh, and gotta love a good ol' Baptist preschool. Hoping to have Bosser enrolled in one next year!