I think I accomplished only a 1/4 of what I set out to do this weekend, but I consider it a big victory. The tree is up and mostly decorated, Christmas cookies are mostly baked and the bulk of the Christmas cards have been mailed. I also managed to cook a few meals for us and my sister-in-law as well as wash laundry. Notice I didn't mention anything about folding it. And ironing is on a day to day basis right now.
MFS and crew came home on Saturday afternoon from their bourbon trail just as we were about to pull out of the garage to hit the grocery store for some more baking needs. My husband hates to shop, but I know he must have felt bad leaving me on my birthday because he came home with tons of bourbon treats for me and mint julep chocolate for each of the kids which they inhaled and said, "the mint tasted a little different." MFS took them for a spin in the RV before leaving to return it. Well those last two things made them wild as donkeys the rest of the day. I had to wait to bake after their bedtime, but enjoying the Chocolate-Chocolate Chip & Bacon cookies in the quiet was worth it.
Productivity was at a low today since 1) Max was not in good spirits and 2) I was solo, again. Julia kept saying, "He was so good yesterday, what's wrong?" She nailed it on the head when she told me "Max is a little boy with a big fuss." True he can be the maddest baby, but also he can be the most charming thing a mama has ever set her eyes on. Tonight Max was just smiling and cooing up a storm after the big kids hit the hay. Made me forget the past hour of loud crying. Max has gone back to waking up in the middle of the night, but at least he now sleeps for 4 hour stretches. Still, after the 7 and 8 hour nights, Max has proved he has potential. If only I can come up with the best game plan that he will agree to. I laugh at the thought of when Julia was a newborn and would wake up every 2 hours to nurse. MFS and I thought it wasn't bad. It's a whole new pony show now.
Though today was a wash, we still managed to crank out a batch of cookies before heading to Mass for Gaudete Sunday. I was apprehensive taking all four into the sanctuary, but they did great. They were rewarded with cookies after dinner for making mama look so good.
Now they are all in bed and I'm ready to follow suit.

No comments:
Post a Comment