Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day was celebrated the whole weekend which was just fine with me. On Saturday we drove the very short distance to the Crozet Park for the Crozet Arts & Crafts Festival. We had a blast shopping, eating and watching the kids tire themselves out on the bounce houses. We snuck in even more shopping on the drive up I-81 while returning Lola to Lolo.

MFS tended to the kids Sunday morning so I could sleep close my eyes and pretend I was elsewhere an extra hour. With 4 little ones awake and ready to go, the noise level doesn't lend itself to quiet slumber. Before Mass, we headed to Lowe's to get started on what we needed for the new house. Hard to believe we'll be moving in 8 short weeks.

This morning the Pre-K class held a Mother's Day Tea for all the mothers, grandmothers or special friends. Cazin was so excited he nearly burst into tears when he gave me his homemade flower. They serenaded us with songs and fed us chocolate-dipped strawberries and other treats.

I remember in college thinking that I would most likely not marry, not have children and travel the globe with my independent self. Boy, did God have other plans for me. This journey of motherhood has been the greatest gift I believe I will ever know. God pours out his love so abundantly through my children.

God bless all of you women with a mother's heart! May God enrich your life with peace!
Pre-K Mother's Day Tea
 Gifts from my loves (in descending order: Cazin, Julia and Ella)
 Shhh...don't tell the others, but Cazin's necklace is my favorite this year. He traced his hand on shrinky dink paper, colored and baked it.

No comments: