Monday, August 27, 2012

2nd Grade

Though Julia was confident walking into school this morning, I was a basket of nerves thinking about her starting at a new school. So anxious that I was happy it was only a half day. I pounced on Jujube as soon as she placed her foot in the van. It was a successful day minus the car line that almost made mama have a seizure. I might have to give some feedback on that one, and you know I tend to smile and nod concerning most situations.

Jujube made some new friends, sits up in the front and her teacher, Mrs. Moise "uses her stuff as examples," which she likes very much. Of course Julia is disgruntled by the fact that school is again a half day tomorrow and they have off on Friday and Monday. Can a girl get some school up in here?!

For a special, after school treat, we stopped at the mall for lunch and some last minute supply shopping.

I think I say this every year, but it is amazing to watch my children grow in confidence and knowledge. I am filled with doubt, yet they are bright rays of hope and the possibility of anything and everything. A few weeks ago, Jujube asked me, "Even though I'm tall, am I still a little girl?" Yes you are, my love. Yes, you are.

Tomorrow is the first day for Cazin, Ella and Max. I'm glad the tight drop off time frame will keep me from getting too teary to worry.
A look back at Kindergarten (L) and 1st grade (R)
 

No comments: