I don't even know where to begin. What a week. I think my emotions have run back and forth on both ends of the spectrum from all of the happenings. It almost feels like a month worth of events squeezed into a week. I am humbled time after time by God's message to surrender. He tells me, "I am HERE! Speak to me. Trust me." And He has been this week through the people around me. And in the good and the bad, I am so very thankful. Thankful for Kristin and Mike taking care of the kids this week (and next) while I am on orientation. Thankful for strong women in my life like Elizabeth and Julie. Thankful for a great orientation group who I wish could work on one unit together. Thankful for friends like Tracy who just know when to send a little note that makes me smile. Thankful for my new job...I feel like I am home. Thankful for LIFE.
I have a little progress to report on the kids. Julia has had another great week at school. She has had a small homework assignment every night and learned the words hola, adios and buenos dias in Spanish class. Next week they take their first field trip to Barnes & Noble. Cazin has mastered curbside drop-off with no tears and I really think his listening and speaking skills have improved. I am amazed. So far my week at work hasn't seemed to have a negative impact on them. I must admit that it is nice to get shouts and squeals of delight when I come home. Before this week, only Mike got to experience that.
Have a great weekend!
5 comments:
I waved a white flag down here today, too.
Glad the kids are loving school so much.
What a great recap of your week - you have such a wonderful attitude! I hope you all have a relaxing family weekend :-)
You will make it through next week with flying (sparkling) colors. Sooner or later life will return to normal...or at least a new normal.
i love your new layout...stay strong...you're doing amazing things as a mom!
Great title, perfect for the week. Funny how you think *I* am strong, but I think *you* are. =)
Post a Comment