There are many things that I should have gotten accomplished this past weekend being our only free weekend for awhile, but the great part of the time was spent holding Ellaroo who was sick with a record high School family fever (we RARELY go over 101.5) . She only wanted to spend time sleeping or in the arms of mama or dada. Poor thing had some kind of virus that left her with ugly hives all over and a 3 day fever that got as high as 104.8. Mike took her to see Dr. Michel on Saturday because though the hives looked pretty bad, purple mottled skin looked even worse that morning. I have personal theories as to where it came from, mostly pointing to the numerous bug bites that she had on Monday. It didn't totally fit the pattern of Roseola. I think that is just because I took care of 2 patients last week that got pretty sick from probable tick/bug bites. I thoroughly checked her head and every crack and crevice on her body. Our pediatrician also told us that the kid who came in before Ella was sick from just that. So spray on the DEET!We also I got my first weensy glimpse of what life will be like as Jujube, the teenage years. The girl has been talking back, slamming doors, crying, stomping and screaming. And screaming. When I fighting the urge to kick her tail out on the curb, I was laughing hysterically in her face which made her even more mad. But for every frustrating moment she had, she also had some very sweet and helpful ones. Like when she happily shucked the corn for me and set the table before dinner. Or this morning when she asked if Ella felt better. They had a surprise "Princess Pig" party for Ella in their room because she was fever free. She even gave me an invitation. The 5 minute party was a hit. What a roller coaster.
I did manage to replant some tomatoes, complete several loads of laundry in our fabulous new laundry room and try a new pasta recipe perfect for summer. And we did have a little fun. A delicious adult only dinner at Julie's, a visit with Grandma & Grandpa, Jazzercise and the Crozet Farmer's Market for some fresh produce sold by my new favorite Hispanic cowboy. Now I don't know if I got ripped off because he kept adding more to my basket and saying he will add one pound here, one dinero there, but the veggies and fruit were sure sweet and tasty. With the tomatoes I made Roasted Garlic & Basil Marinara sauce that went well with the pasta recipe.
Back to work tonight. Blog you in a few days.
2 comments:
new laundry room?!?! :)
Glad poor Ella is doing better.
I'm not gonna lie, this blog discourages me. I see SO MANY similarities in Corena and Jujube. So many. I've braced myself for the teen years. I just didn't realize they'd start so soon!! You pray for me, I'll pray for you. We'll make it through the slamming doors.
Post a Comment