Thursday, July 15, 2010

Help yourself

Something is helping himself to the tomato plants and is taking advantage of my generous nature. I'm just glad that he picked the runt of the group to do the most damage. Jujube wants to keep our new friend, but I reminded her of what happened to the banded woolly bear that we tried to raise. Poor thing escaped once, but was snatched up by Julia again and staged a fast no matter what the internet told us to feed it. I also showed her a photo of what this waved sphinx will turn into (an ugly fuzzy brown moth) and she wasn't too excited. But on the other hand I am under strict orders not to remove it because of a recent Franklin episode. I am the first to admit. We watch way too much TV around here. Nevertheless I tried to remove it anyway but it pretty much attacked the stick and grossed me out.

Our day has been wonderful. Mike headed to ATL this morning for the Steubenville Conference and we spent the day reading, cleaning out the old laundry room and napping. The kids have been super good today. As a reward, tonight I'm serving up comfort food: good ole meatloaf, fried apples and oven roasted potatoes followed with ice cream and a movie.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

If it's not the bugs, it's the squirrels that will get your tomatoes. Tomatoes are tough to grow!

When it comes to summertime and relaxing, there is never too much TV. In the fall these kids are going to be so busy and then so tired. We've got the TV on a bit too much here too, but let's make a pact to have zero guilt over it.

Julie, the mama said...

Our TV is begging for fall, too.