Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads out there, especially MFS, Lolo & Grandpa! The eternally hardworking MFS spent all day at the diocesan work camp, but we did get to see him at Mass. We missed him all weekend, but we made the most of it.
Because the weather has been fantastic, the kids have enjoyed playing outside. We've checked a few things off of our summer list like signing up for the summer reading program at the library. Tonight the kids left a stack of books on the counter for me to log into their respective sheets.

Another thing Jujube wanted to learn this summer was how to sew. Now, I am no Betsy Ross. The only thing I can do is mend simple tears and replace buttons, rather poorly, but we have figured out beginners needlepoint together and she finished her first pattern. And I confess, I also did some while she was sleeping...can't help it...too addicting. Tomorrow we start soccer camp for Jujube, pink shin guards and all. Wait till you see one of the pairs of soccer socks she picked out. They are so much fun, I didn't want to talk her out of them.

As for Cazin, he starts tennis camp next week and it is hard to tell who is more excited: Cazin or Lolo. The next Michael Chang, perhaps?!

A note about Cazin because I know I will forget this. He is getting into the habit of sounding like Arthur from King of Queens. He'll start out normal volume, then end up screaming at the end of the sentence. e.g. What would you like for breakfast, buddy? A Spanish MUFFIN! (Don't tell Mr. Thomas.)

What can I tell you about Ella? None of my children have ever stood up to "the look" before. Until Ella. Julia and Cazin have tried, but I can see the falter in their face. Not Ellaroo. The girl will get up in my face have a stare down. Tonight I had to smack her bottom for some unruly behavior. Ella whipped her head around yelled, "NO!" and gave me what was a cross between a growl and a pirate's "Argh!" (Pretending to be a puppy or a pirate are her to favorite roles these days.) Her eyes were mean and slanty, and she was in this weird stance like a lineman. Just one hour earlier she was serenading all of Wal-Mart with the Muffin Man song and doling out the hugs and kisses. My friend Julie asked me the other day if she was a full-out, real person now. Yes. Yes, she is.
I finally get to share some great news. My sister-in-law Molly and her husband Bruno are expecting TWINS! They are due in December and we are happy the kids will finally have cousins.

1 comment:

BlythePoo said...

Bruno is going to be so excited to hear about soccer camp. How fun!