After dinner we made our way back to the metro and home to Crozet. It was a late night for our standards, but great to hang out with Molly & Bruno and be tourists for the day. Though Jujube has been asking to see the Lincoln Memorial since last year (Ellaroo calls it the castle), the metro ride was the highlight of the kid's day.
This morning came way too fast and it was a challenge prying the kids from their beds. It was an even greater challenge for me to keep my eyes open and move. I was hurting and my body & baby were paying me back for yesterday. Cazin made it through his first day at tennis camp, but I could see towards the end of the lesson he seemed to be half-asleep at the net with his racket drooping lower and lower. We all moved a little slower today.
Thankfully at this age, the tennis coach just wants them to have fun and make the racket to ball connection. Good thing because at many points while the coach was talking, Cazin would either meander over to the courts where the big kids were playing or trot back and forth just flappin' his arms. Repetition with Cazin is key, so I think he will do just fine. His smiles and laughter throughout class were a good sign that he was enjoying himself.
I had high hopes for the rest of the day, but complete exhaustion took over and my obsession with the new timed thermostat that MFS installed over the weekend. I'm just glad I found the hold button & figured out how to override the settings, or the pregnant lady was going to have a word with her husband.
The trip started out great. See, all smiles.
Check out the faces on these children.
Ella juggling. Or "jungle, jungle, jungle"
1 comment:
LOVE all the pictures, but especially the family shots. That color looks so pretty on you. You sure know how to make pregnancy look/sound easy. Good thing I love your or I wouldn't be able to stand you!
Glad y'all had a fun trip to the city.
Post a Comment