We started the day at the gym. I certainly was not motivated, but I needed something to counteract the pint of Ben & Jerry's I consumed yesterday. I moved on to yard work once we got home. The lawn men showed up to trim the grass, so I decided to jump in and prune a few stray branches off of some trees, fertilize the rose bushes and comb the yard for trash and broken toys to toss. Sometimes these kids treat the house and general area like a dump. When all of that was done, I let Julia release her butterflies. We have been postponing this mostly because of show-and-tell, storms, etc, but we finally let the painted ladies go. It has been a remarkable project to help Julia with and MFS thinks that I enjoyed it more than Julia. He was right. They came to us as tiny little caterpillars and transformed into these beautiful creatures. Julia is trying to talk me into ants and ladybugs next, but I have my eye on an earthworm project.
Before bedtime I played kitchen beautician and gave Cazin a haircut. I don't know where the time went, but he looks so (sniff, sniff) old! Julia gave me a second opinion and said, "He looks like a handsome, little man."
MFS is away enjoying the sunshine of AZ at a Lifeteen Conference. Julia seems to be missing MFS the most. Sweet girl is so sensitive. If I come home after they have fallen asleep, she will get up in the middle of the night to give me a hug and a kiss goodnight. If I don't say the exact same thing every night before I close the bedroom door, she gets so upset. Sometimes I forget how the little things give them so much security. Lately she has become very attached to MFS and she is the happiest when all members of the School family are present. Last night while we were reading a new book, I looked over at them cuddling under the covers and let them have a sleep over with me. I only regretted it twice when I felt an arm slap across my face and a good kick to my leg. But when they ran into Ella's room this morning yelling, "Guess what?! We had a sleep over with mama!" I ignored my sore back. To pass the time, MFS and Julia agreed to write letters to each other every day. She started a journal called Letters to Daddy documenting her days. Even Cazin has joined in and has her dictating his messages. She insists that he writes his John Hancock for credit.
Missing daddy
3 comments:
So, I had lots of insightful things to say. I am sure I did...
...but then I got to that picture of Ella. And now all I can think about is hopping in Belle and coming straight to your house to love on that adorable girl. Good gosh; she is a CUTIE!!! Just like her big sister and big brother!
Oh wow, the face!!!
What I wouldn't do to swoop up that precious little girl and tickle those tears away. Gracious she's a cutie. And you're not kidding about Cazin...he's all but grown up now with his new haircut. And don't even get me started about how gorgeous J (and the butterfly) are.
Happy summer!
Post a Comment