Today when I picked him up, I asked him the usual question, "What did you learn today?"
Well. Let (pause) me (pause) see...I think Mrs. McCollough put up the number 9. That's right. That's what she did. And it looks like this! (Sweeping his arm in the shape of #9) I didn't do any crafts. Nope. We had stories and I did the alphabet puzzle.
It is a big step for Julia now having a younger sibling at CCS. She is responsible for getting him to car line on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as well as walking him into his classroom in the morning. She was destined to be the oldest daughter. Julia continues to have math, reading, writing and spelling homework each night and she is getting better at producing neater work. She is in love with school and I couldn't be happier for her. I will share this message I got from one of the teachers...it made me so grateful, appreciative and proud of my kids.
Hi Mike and K! I hope you are well and enjoying the beginning of the school year with the children. I know it is only the first week, but I just wanted to let you know that Cazin has been so good in Extended Day Care for the pre-schoolers. He is one of our best, listening well, being quiet during rest time, and so easy-going. Julia has also been such a sweet little girl. Both days she came and gave both me and Cazin hugs in the lunchroom and then she was so good about taking care of him when he went to her classroom for car line. She made sure he was safe and comfortable and gave him her desk to sit at. It was so cute! She is such a wonderful big sister! (she was looking for him at lunch today and I think was disappointed not to see her little brother!) Of course I know they are sweet kids, but you don't get to see all the love they share at school, and I wanted to share that with you!
This is one of my favorite after-school conversations with Julia this week:
Mommy, guess was exciting thing I got to do today!
Treasure chest?
No, something WAY more exciting. Guess again.
You got to say the prayers over the loud speaker.
No, I did that last week when we sang happy birthday to a friend.
What?! Really?!
Mommy, guess.
I give up. What did you do?
I LEARNED A CURSIVE A!!! (clapping her hands together in excitement) Ms. Ciccarone said that since me and Sadie had neat handwriting, she would teach us cursive!
Love me some Catholic school.
Puppy Ella (we're still in that phase). Ears made by big sister.
1 comment:
That letter just melted my heart. What amazing kids you have and what amazing parents your kids have.
For the record, I almost stopped reading the blog after that first picture of Cazin. He is just way too big and I'm having a hard time accepting that our kids are getting too big. I'm glad I kept reading...what a blessing CCS is for you and your family.
Post a Comment