Saturday, September 17, 2011

Technical difficulties

Leave it to technology to alter good intentions of blog updates. This week we have had our fair share of challenges between schedules and the wonderful gadgets that help us record our lives. It seems my forgetfulness (pregnancy induced I believe) led to me leave the camera charger in a hotel outlet in NY. That leaves me to our outdated, yet trusty in a pinch pocket camera. Then our computer needed an exorcism. I wish expensive technology could be like the crisp white button down in my closet. Dependable for years to come.

On the outside our family schedule looks crazy, but it totally makes sense to me. What the cool thing about our schedule (well until baby boy is born) is that I get to spend quality time once a week with either myself, Ella or Cazin. Julia gets the raw end of the deal since she is a big time first grader now, but she does get to do fun stuff just with mama on the weekends.

Monday after I dropped the last kid off at school, I put my shades on and rocked out to Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Starting Something" in the van. I'm sure I looked all kinds of ridiculous jerking my shoulders around while driving, but I just couldn't stop myself. After a few errands, I met John for coffee. Though the coffee, company and chocolate pastry were all enjoyable, I discovered that I am not a coffee house kind of person. Maybe since they became popular after my college days, I just don't have the patience to sit still. Or fit into the hipster crowd.

Thursday Ella and I shopped in the morning for gifts and Friday I took Cazin to Bounce 'n Play for our special date. Check out the tongue action. We played basketball for an ETERNITY. But those 5 baskets he made were worth every second.

Tita Molly stayed with us Friday night before Hokie game day and it was great to bump bellies and visit for a while. Soon there will be an explosion of babies and diapers.




No comments: