Saturday, September 24, 2011

Counting down the days

With a full week, it great to spend a quiet weekend with the kids. MFS is away on retreat so hopefully he is getting some much needed rest and prayer time.

Let's see...

Cazin is extremely excited to announce that, "I will be the leader of the day on Monday!" I asked him what it entails. "Ummm...feeding the fish, wearing a vest, and counting with Mrs. McCollough."

Ella is certainly enjoying preschool with Mrs. Betty and Mrs. Pridgen. She likes music time and "stowies from da Bible." She also tol me that "Jesus made the sky. And sprinkles too!" I'm pretty sure she was speaking up the glittery nail polish on her toes she has everyone admire.

Jujube has brought home her first science project this weekend. And she is adamant that we work it on this weekend. "I need to make a clay model of the earth and write 5 sentences about the earth that no one knows. Ms. Ciccarone said we could work on it, but not turn it in till Friday." I was skeptical. First I know that Ms. Ciccarone does not advocate homework on the weekend. Second, I know that they have been learning about the solar system, but there was vague information in the weekly newsletter about the assignment.

My response. "Why don't you work on it next week if you have the whole week to finish it? Plus we should check out some books at the library." (Listen to me already corrupting my daughter with bad study habits.)

"Mommy, I already have the book and information I need. And I have lots of homework everyday so I just want to work on it and finish it ahead of time."

How could I argue with that? Certainly didn't inherit the procrastination gene. Schooled by little School.

Today for a special treat I had an afternoon tea for the kids. In a flurry of baking energy I made some treats last night. They would not hold up to English standards, but they certainly were kid friendly. We donned fancy dresses, I slapped on some mascara, and Cazin agreed to wear his bow-tie if I let him play on his Leapster this afternoon.




We are coming down to the wire. 12 days left!


No comments: