Monday, October 3, 2011

Fun Journey

It is a special week indeed. Even though life doesn't stop. One. Bit. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can picture myself holding a sweet, warm bundle swathed in blue.

Yesterday I started the day off with Mass at Our Lady of the Angels Monastery in Crozet. They are otherwise known as the "Cheese Nuns." I think MFS knew I would need a peaceful, quiet start to the week. Since he already went to Mass at the big diocesan event at Busch Gardens on Saturday, he slept in stayed home with the younger two while Jujube and I made out way through the beautiful countryside.

After Mass we met Grandma & Grandpa for breakfast across the mountain. Still feeling energetic, we went to a few of our our favored fall activities as a family of 5. We visited the Chiles pumpkin patch and went to the Parade of Homes. What did you think I was going to say? Carter's Mountain Fall Festival? You know we love us some real estate.

After today I only have 1 more work shift. One more OB appointment. One more time I will call Ella the baby, or MY baby. 3 more days till I can pull out the tiny onesies. 3 more days till I can sniff that intoxicating baby smell. Sometimes these little count downs make me simultaneously happy and sad knowing that the exciting day of being a family of 6 is moments away while saying goodbye to our life as 5. As I mentioned above, life doesn't slow down one bit for me to get myself in a tizzy over these thoughts. MFS took Julia to see a pediatric surgeon this morning to evaluate her umbilical hernia. November 9th, she will have surgery. See? Parenthood is fun journey. And I pray it never ends.



1 comment:

Lauren said...

that last picture is my fav, heehee. I am praying for you and thinking about you this week! Can't wait to meet baby boy ___ soon!