My brain is a muddled mess. I can hardly sleep. I am grouchy and want to cry at everything. I have entered the "martyr" phase. And that's how I know that the end is near. Yesterday Cazin had his 2 year check up and I already was treating him like a middle child not knowing his milestones and grossly underestimating his verbal skills. When he was asked to stack blocks, I panicked and wondered if I ever gave him blocks to play with at home in the first place. When I was asked how many words he knew I blanked and guessed 20-25. I felt like I was on a game show and the big "YOU"RE WRONG" buzzer sounded. (FYI: 2 year old typically should know at least 50 words) While waiting for the nurse I jotted down the words Cazin says on scrap paper and it was 70+ words and counting. Phew! Still I felt so guilty and hormonal and cranky that I almost cried over my comfort lasagna that I scarfed down when I got home.
Work was a blur of activity and I cannot recall anything that I did. I think I survived by the efforts of my grande cafe mocha and the patience of Dr. Sweeney and my co-workers. When we got home I checked out the new back door that was installed and managed to lock Julia and myself out of the house. With no phone. Our neighbors came to the rescue and still had a spare key to our house. (Thank you Rusina family!) I'm happy to report that the rest of the night went well--leftovers (more comfort lasagna) for dinner, smooth bedtime, some southern therapy of laughter from a friend via phone, and a little sleep for me after a big serving of ice cream.
The count down begins to the 29th!
4 comments:
You are overdue for an emotional breakdown. Two kids, one on the way, your husband traveling, and raging hormones are enough to make anyone go crazy! Hang in there. We are sending big prayers your way and cannot wait to welcome School baby #3 into the world! Love and miss you.
I agree with Carly. This is supposed to happen at the end. Enjoy your free pass to act crazy. Not too much longer.
Looks like you really need one more comment from the Harrell family, Gran C in Georgia says, "shed a few tears, heck, I even kicked my dog during one of the pregnancies" real pregnant Mom's carry a get out of jail free card. Love, laughs, blessings & health to the School house!
Love your blog!
Bless you! You are juggling so much; I can hardly believe that you are still working and caring for your two children and making it all work! Kudos to you! You can do it! We are thinking and praying for you!!! And keep enjoying the small indulgences that make life easier!
Post a Comment