Sunday, January 11, 2009

Nesting

Lola (my Mom) came down this weekend to help prepare the way for School baby #3. After a full week of "nesting," I am TIIIIRED!!! Lola knows how to get my butt in gear. Our objective was to clean out the basement. We did more in the basement in one day than I ever did these past 2 years living in the house. Even though I am exhausted, the purging and organizing felt good. The kids were in good spirits and allowed us to work with minimal interruptions.

The other great part of the day was the return of MFS from a week long trip. He was his sweet, thoughtful self again and brought me home a tasty blizzard from DQ because he knew I was struggling. It was great to have help at bedtime again!
Lola always brings fun gifts ("School Bus" was a nickname that MFS had to endure)
And she brings lots of laughs...

3 comments:

Patrick said...

That looks fabulous. Kate and I have decided we are moving to Charlottesville. You guys hiring? ;)

We haven't really decided that, btw. But wouldn't it be fun?

Carly said...

I simply adore your mom and am so glad that she can be with you to help prepare for baby #3! Enjoy every minute of the extra help and try to get some rest while you can:)

Carly said...

That video with your mom is absolutley precious!

And by the way, G and I (along with Patric and Kate) also want in on the School payroll. You guys are alwyas hiring, right?!