~
In catechesis class we learned about the altar.What is an altar?
It is a table for the priest. You put a special cup called a chalice with wine in it and there is a special plate with a special piece of bread on it. And then he gives it to Jesus and Jesus gives it back to us.
I don't think I could have explained the consecration any better.
~
Is Jesus a small man? How does he fit into his house? (She is referring to the tabernacle where the Eucharist is kept.)MFS: It is like Santa Claus.
~
Last Sunday at Mass, the Little Sisters of the Poor came to talk about their ministry and ask for support. After communion, one of the nuns came to sit in front of us ready to make her way up to the lectern.
Mommy, is that a nun?!
Yes...why?
I can tell because she is wearing a habit.
You know the word habit?
Yes! Miss Jamie had pictures in catechesis class with different nuns wearing different habits.
Wow.
Mommy, is that what Ella will look like when she is nun?
Yes.
Funny how she volunteered Ella, but not herself. I think had the habit not been grey and black, but pink and purple she may have felt differently.
A surprise drawing on our chalkboard wall. All this time I thought she was playing with her Barbie dolls. Jesus at the Last Supper.

Mommy, is that a nun?!
Yes...why?
I can tell because she is wearing a habit.
You know the word habit?
Yes! Miss Jamie had pictures in catechesis class with different nuns wearing different habits.
Wow.
Mommy, is that what Ella will look like when she is nun?
Yes.
Funny how she volunteered Ella, but not herself. I think had the habit not been grey and black, but pink and purple she may have felt differently.
The Resurrection
A surprise drawing on our chalkboard wall. All this time I thought she was playing with her Barbie dolls. Jesus at the Last Supper.
1 comment:
I could go on and on about how precious this post is if I wasn't laughing too hard about Jujube volunteering Ella! Cute, cute, cute!
Post a Comment