Thursday the kids will have their annual Christmas program this year entitled, "Baby in Bethlehem" but today the Froggy class had their Happy Birthday Jesus party. Since I missed the Fall Festival, I made sure I signed up for juice boxes as to not perpetuate the middle child syndrome. It was deja vu for me. Two years. That is how long ago Jujube was in the Froggy class with their tiny chairs and barely coherent speech. Let's be honest, Jujube was coherent...Cazin is getting there in leaps and bounds. I haven't been able to get to know the other parents in the class, but the moms seem pretty chill. I think this class is made up of a bunch of middle or youngest children (and twins). We all sat back and laughed at, I mean with them.

Jujube's gingerbread man and Cazin's angel. You may have to enlarge the photo to look at Cazin's color job.
As I stood in line I watched Miss Betty hand out trees with lots of colorful shapes. And then she hands me Cazin's. 
I have to share a Jujube story. It happened the week we went to CA so it didn't make it into the blog. I got lots of laughs when I retold the story, so I figured it was blog worthy. The week before my birthday, Jujube was busy making presents and crafts for me. One day she was in a drawing mood and asked, "Mommy, what is your favorite thing?" I answered "my kids." And she bends over her pad of paper and draws something. "Okay...what else?"
"Daddy." More drawing. This goes on through several things...Jesus, food, traveling, church, nursing, etc...And then she pauses, looks up and with a sly smile and a wag of a finger she says, "I know what your favorite thing is Mommy...You like to tell people what to do. You like to be in charge."
She's got my number.
1 comment:
Is that Kelly Beckett (sp?) in your picture? She's my neighbor! Is she Cazin's teacher?
There's nothing wrong with being in charge and telling people what to do :)
Post a Comment