Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another day in paradise (revised)

Yesterday. The snow was supposed to come yesterday. And it did. But just a spit. We stayed in again this time having a more productive day of doing laundry and eating chocolate cake while catching up on episodes of The Biggest Loser. Beside West Wing and Clean House, it is one of the other adult shows that we have gotten the kids hooked on.

We woke up this morning to snow and blustery winds. School is canceled again. Even the bishop closed the Pastoral Center in Richmond. All of the days and weeks are blurring together. I can't even tell you what the date is without looking on the computer. I am so thankful that we decided not to drive up to NYC on Sunday. While the roads were clear, our departure from the city would have been today where they are experiencing blizzard like conditions as we speak.

Though there is a good chance that we will drive each other crazy and that I may open the wine at 11am like I did last Friday, I am happy that we are all together. Just another day in paradise.

Staying warm with Great-aunt Lisa's birthday gifts: handmade socks

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Ha! This will definitely be a winter to remember.

Tracy said...

You know when you put your finger up to your lip and make that noise like you're going loco?? How do you spell that? Because that's all I have to say about this weather and no school.