At this time five years ago, I was 6 hours into labor with Julia and only 9 more hours to go until we held her in our arms. From birth to the present she has kept our life interesting. It seems like she was designed to be the oldest daughter. Equally patient, forgiving, loving, caring and bossy when it comes to her younger siblings. Julia is sharp and amazes us with her skills. One of the things I love (and detest) are her rebuttals. We'll be in a conversation and her eyes will crinkle. I know right then she is forming her closing argument. Whatever she says I follow usually with "because I said so" or "do not question your mother" because I can't think of a better response. A few months ago, she started reading and her abilities are growing like wildfire. Her favorite book to read currently is
Barbie Thumbelina. Her interests remain all things girlie and feminine. Barbies, dresses, crafts, accessorizing, etc.
Over the weekend Jujube and I put together butterfly goody bags to go with the butterfly cupcakes I brought to school today so she could celebrate with her classmates. I sat back and tried not to cry thinking that in only 6 months she will be in kindergarten. I am so thankful for all the moments with Julia leading up to this day. She has taught me forgiveness and to enjoy even the small moments of each day. She is my reminder always asking at dinner, "Mommy, what was your favorite part of the day?"
Happy Birthday our darling Jujube!
Cazin having a little fun with the popcorn song.
2 comments:
Love me some Julia!
Also, want to know where you got the 5 shirt. And were those the cupcakes from Sam's???? Good gravy, they look like they came from some designer high dollar bakery.
Happy Birthday sweet Julia.
I agree...those cupcakes look AMAZING! Is that a Petey Pie shirt?
Post a Comment