February 18. Ella took her first steps with Julia and Cazin cheering her on. Because of their enthusiastic reaction she tried and tried again. She is surely the baby always reveling in attention. Her Ate and Kuya are happy to oblige her. She is not walking long distances, but we are excited for this new development.
February 19. I decided to take a trip to visit the parents since Mike was busy at a Youth Worker's Retreat in Richmond. Then I found out good friends from St. Louis would be in town so naturally we had to make a pit stop in Richmond for a visit to see the very pregnant Rhoda. We have known Rhoda since she was a college student and it had been great to see her grow as a woman, wife, youth minister and soon a mother. Per daddy's request, we also stopped by the retreat center before heading up to WV. Our trips to WV are always eventful. Because of our long visit in Richmond, we arrived in Martinsburg later than expected. And my lead foot got me in trouble right after I made the last exit. I was pulled over and thankfully I didn't start crying. I profusely apologized to the officer and was only given a warning. Phew! The next day when I looked at the warning slip, I realized that he had written down my vital stats on it. Height, hair color, eye color...it was all correct except for the weight. 137 lbs. That is what he wrote down. 137. I have never been so flattered in my life, I wanted to hunt down the officer and hug him. Let's just say I have always been "big boned" and the last time I weighed 137 was pre pre pre PRE driving age. So I don't know where he got that number, but it sure made me smile the rest of the day.
The parents-to-be: Matej & Rhoda
L-R: Jack, Julia, Katie, Dominic, Alexis & Cazin
My work weekend comes way too fast. MFS takes his turn as Mr. Mom and does a good job keeping the kids fairly quiet while I try to catch some zzz's. Yesterday morning Julia climbed into bed and asked, "Mommy, what is your favorite drink?" I blurted out the first thing that came to my mind. "Water.""Okay!"
About 15 minutes later Julia comes up and informs me that she has already fed Cazin breakfast and that she accidentally spilled some apple juice, but cleaned it all up. Reluctantly I get out of bed and walk downstairs to survey the damage. None. But what was waiting for me was a plate of toasted waffles with syrup and a tall glass of water. All for me. Made by my precious 5 year old. It warmed my heart. Even the bite marks made by Cazin.
We are off to Mass and then I head to work again. Enjoy what is left of the weekend!
2 comments:
ok, that little haircut is adorable. And yes, she looks like your TWIN. I love that!
I also love that Jujube handled the breakfast drill. Surely gives me hope of good things to come around these parts!!!
I scrolled down to the picture of Ella before reading the text and thought "It's baby Kay!" Ha. She's a mini you.
Loved getting caught up on your week.
Post a Comment