Monday, January 24, 2011

Tuxedo Cake

After we dropped Jujube at school this cold, cold COLD morning, Cazin, Ella and I headed right back home to get under the covers and stay there until pick up time. I did manage to tear myself away from cuddle time to do a few loads of laundry, cycle the dishwasher and finish a birthday cake for a co-worker.

I decided that I would document my cakes from now on. I have a thing for layered cakes. Light, flavorful, fluffy layers and fillings. Cupcakes are my second favorite. Pies take third. I have a few past favorites that I'm sure to bake again like the Caramel Walnut Banana Torte or the Nutella Mousse cake. Thankfully my family and co-workers don't mind being guinea pigs for all the new recipes. So this is for my sweet friend, Brittany. She is expecting her 2nd child any day now (I may be delivering this to L&D instead tonight). Her request: Anything with chocolate. My kinda girl.

Voila. Tuxedo Cake taken from Annie's Eats. Not as polished, but looks yummy. This baby is 3 layers of chocolate cake, whipped icing topped off with a chocolate glaze. Can't wait to cut into it.
Jujube helped dip the strawberries; Ella & Cazin helped themselves to extras.

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

um...HELLO....looks like you just got yourself nominated to make the cake for our Girls Night. Seriously sister. You've got some MAD SKILLZ.

Lauren said...

Holy cow that looks amazing.

Tracy said...

I can't stop staring at that cake. A masterpiece.