I wish I could shield my children from the most heartache possible. I know they grow and learn from each friendship, but boy is it hard to go through and watch. From the little hurts now to the big ones later. Have you heard the song by Taylor Swift, Never Grow Up? It sums up my feelings. Keep the Kleenex handy.Jujube: Did I tell you that my feelings were hurt today?
Me: (Angry mama bear started stirring) What happened?
Jujube: At recess E & C wouldn't listen to me no matter how many times I asked if we could play something else.
Me: Did they say anything?
Jujube: No. They just wouldn't answer me. They kept on ignoring me. I didn't cry a lot of tears. Just a few tears came up and I kept them to myself. I really cried when Mrs. Hathaway forgot me at treasure chest time. (Treasure chest is a box of goodies that you can pick from if you didn't move your star in the yellow or red zone all week.) And then I didn't have enough time to find what I really wanted in the treasure chest and picked a yo-yo in a hurry.
Me: I'm so sorry Jujube! Sometimes people forget to be nice. And next week you will get another chance at earning treasure chest and picking the prize you really want.
When we got home, we hugged it out, tried on new shoes and treated ourselves to pizza, nutella and ice cream. I'm sure E & C will be her best friends next week, but I'll just keep their names in pencil come birthday party time.
2 comments:
I'm not above being a bodyguard for Jujube and doing a quick kick upside the head on E&C. I won't tell you when I do it so you can claim ignorance in the matter.
Seriously though, I am not cut out for this big girl heartache stuff. It just tears me apart. And it's only going to get worse.
Glad you're back to blogging!
I'll tell you like I told Tracy earlier in the year. Those little you-know-whats better leave my girls alone. I'll start wishing early onset acne on them if they don't.
I am already dreading those days.
Post a Comment