Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pajama Day

Two blog entries in one day...I know ya'll are falling over in your computer chairs.

Today Cazin had Pajama Day at school and he had a blast. It was also bring your favorite stuffed animal day, but Ali was left at Lola & Lolo's house during the last visit. Pinch hitting was the sock monkey from Julie. In our house, we love any excuse to change into our PJs and today I wish I was in the Butterfly class instead of sporting Spanx underneath my jeans. It is also registration time at ECDC for the 2011-2012 school year. I picked up TWO forms both in sadness and excitement. I couldn't believe little Ellaroo would finally get her chance to be a Froggy. Today when we were suiting up to pick up brother and sister, she looked up at me and talked as if we were having a normal conversation. I hadn't a clue what she was saying, but it was mighty cute how grown up she looked.
Ellaroo and I found this book for Cazin at the library
Never a dull moment, here is a conversation I had with Jujube at dinner. Background: Jujube earns a weekly commission for chores around the house. She gets fined for lying, acts of violence and saying mean or potty words.

Mom, there is another thing you can take money away for...


What's that? Sneaking things. (Jujube has a long history of sneaking. I have found a cherished wooden rocking horse COVERED in stickers that were tucked away in a closet. Dozens of candy wrappers behind her art storage bin. Several Little Debbie wrappers under the living room sofa. The list goes on and on.)

Oh? And have you been sneaking stuff lately? Um, not alot.

What do you mean, 'not alot'? Mom, you know what 'not alot' means.

I mean what did you sneak? A piece of bread. A cold piece of bread.

When we got home from school? No, when you told me to take the bread back down to the freezer.

Why did you eat a frozen roll? Because I wanted to know what it tasted like frozen.

Did you eat it all? No.

Did you throw it away?! No.

Well, where did you put it?!!! In the storage room.

There was some more yelling and lecturing, making her go back down to the basement to retrieve the half eaten roll AND I did add that to the "fines" in her weekly commission, but in the end I didn't stay mad for very long. How could you with all of this sweetness?

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Ella in preschool next year?! Say what?? She's our baby!

Jujube cracks me up. (I'm allowed to laugh at her shenanigans, because I'm not the mama.)