Jujube did ask if I went to Girl Scout camp and I proudly said "Twice!", but didn't mention the fact that I left halfway through the first year because I was terribly homesick. I remember my mom even came after the first week to bribe me with a new bathing suit. Maybe she should have tried something else, because a swatch of spandex never worked on this big girl. Anywho, thankfully this session is a day camp and Jujube had a great first day. Since we are newbies at this, of course I didn't sign up for the bus thinking that the campsite was only a mere 3.7 miles past the stop. It was the longest narrow and winding 3.7 miles of my life. Last minute Hallelujer, there was one more seat left on the bus so Jujube can ride with all of her friends and not have her lame-o mom drop her off. Besides her own wonderful troop leader, we did see lots of familiar faces from CCS and even a co-worker from MJH. Jujube said her favorite part of the day was wading in the creek and then learning how to build a shelter, but she "DID NOT like hiking up the mountain over and over again to get stuff for the shelter." It was a little too hot and humid for the little princess.
After camp pick up, we went home for a brief rest before swimming lessons. I used to dread trips to the swimming pool with the kids, but I am happy that my attitude has turned around. An evening swim is the perfect time of day. The exciting stuff was that Jujube jumped off the diving board for the first time. And that Ella took advantage of my preoccupation with the camera and made the pregnant lady sprint after her.
Now I am exhausted myself and ready to spend some time with MFS after his long absence.
The view from the pool
2 comments:
Well, what a relief about the last minute Hallelujer!!! That road sounds crazy!
And the snake skin story got my heart pumping. I think I would have had to wait on MFS to get home for that one. Even if I was in full on nesting mode!
Glad camp has been a success, and I am with you on evening swims. The best part, of course, is not having to worry about the sunscreen.
Good job on blog updates lately, by the way.
Glad first day of GS camp went well. I looked into it, but couldn't fathom the drive every day and didn't want Corena on the bus all the way from C'ville.
The pool, and the view, look incredible. A perfect place to spend a summer evening.
Post a Comment