We started out today at the gym and then home for lunch on the deck. It was such a gorgeous day, I almost thought about taking the hold button off the timed thermostat. Almost. After our sensible lunch, Jujube and I indulged in Skinny Cow frozen treats as the other two ate double stuffed Oreos layer by layer. They are going to be mighty sad when I am not pregnant anymore and our kitchen isn't well stocked with sweets.
Soon after lunch it was time to take Jujube to the library for a special summer event about monarch butterflies. She was excited about the t-shirt craft and the "real, but dead butterflies" he had on display. While she was exercising her neurons, Cazin and Ellaroo found some new books and claimed this week's reading prize. A "swap bwacewet" which leaves Ellaroo equal parts intrigued and scared. During the program, there were many of us moms hanging around reading to our children. And about 20 minutes in, I heard lots of yawning, not excluding myself. The kids were wide awake wanting more, but all of us mothers were ready to find a place to prop our head and snooze.
We returned home and Cazin played on the computer while his sisters had a fashion show. And I, well I don't really remember what I did. Nothing productive that's fo sho, but the clock saved me again and instead of cooking what I had on the menu, the kids and I headed over the mountain to Chik-fil-A. For once I didn't hear, "My tummy hurts." Which is code for, I don't want to eat anymore. Namely broccoli. Miraculously that never happens when we eat out. Unless broccoli is on the plate.
Then back over the mountain for baths and bedtime. Which I will give another try. Goodnight! Or is it good morning?
Ella's best model pouty face.
I so wish this was on video. Ellaroo's new dance move: "swappin' my booty."
A Chinese pirate. It could happen. Look at the Somalis.
2 comments:
OH MY CUTENESS!!! Love the fashion show pictures. Every one of them!
As my girls would say, your girls are "SO fashion". Your day sounds lovely...and tiring (especially if you're already exhausted to begin with).
Pregnancy insomnia is just flat out unfair.
Post a Comment