
This past weekend is one for my own personal history pages. We had planned a long weekend in Williamsburg with the George family who live in Houma, LA. MFS was running a retreat in Richmond for part of the weekend and
Paul George was the special guest speaker. Paul brought his wife Gretchen and 4 kids, Marie (8), Jacob (7), Sarah(5) and Claire (17 months) on the trip so that they could visit Williamsburg. It all started on Thursday morning. I had my plan mapped out...get kids through morning routine, finish packing, drop dog at kennel, go to Julia's check up and then off to Richmond to meet Mike and pick up the Georges at the airport. What is that saying about making plans?
Literally withing 5 minutes of waking up I fell on my bum going down the stairs. I fell and slid down the first flight. Now I would rather say another three letter word because I feel that when you hurt your tush this badly you have to refer to it as the other three letter word but I'm keepin' it PG. The coffee cups I was carrying stayed intact and I'm hoping that my butt did too. (Currently I'm still in some pain.) So I pulled myself together, wiped the tears away and shoved an ice pack down my pants. We finally made it out of the house around midday and I already felt like it was bedtime.
We picked up the Georges and headed to Williamsburg. Mike and Paul had to head back to Richmond for the retreat which left Gretchen and I with 7 children for 2 days. Let me say I have a new found respect for John and Kate Plus 8. Friday we visited Jamestown and Saturday we made it out to Yorktown. We had great weather for touring. Sunday we had extra hands with Mike and Paul back and toured Colonial Williamsburg. The characters of Colonial Williamsburg did not disappoint, especially the woman in the wig shop (or should it be "shoppe"?).
In front of the Governor's Palace
The Shoemaker
The wig lady was really into character telling Julia she was
going to have her head shaved and fitted for a wig.
Monday we all headed back home to our various destinations. Thankfully the kids and I made it safely home after praying the van would not get a flat tire from the nail/screw stuck in it. MFS noticed it in Williamsburg, but decided not to tell me until we stopped for lunch in Richmond so that I wouldn't freak out. (I don't really know how to deal with that confession.) On the way home I stopped at the Belair Station where they took out the screw and patched the hole. They fixed it immediately and the whole process only took 10 minutes from start to finish. We love the Belair Station! The rest of evening was fairly calm and the kids were compliant and in a good mood. Not even a little bit of diarrhea in the bath water from Cazin or my sore bum could spoil it.
It was a definitely a packed weekend full of fun adventures, beautiful weather, and great company! It was a huge blessing to meet and hang out with such a wonderful family.
The sweetest friendship: Julia & Sarah

This is what I saw most of the weekend--the back of Julia's head
A Scottish blacksmith...if you look closely, you can see the kilt.
Cazin can hardly contain his excitement.
Jacob in colonial wear
Marie and the ever popular Felicity doll
For the life of me, I can't figure out how to rotate this video. It is right side up everywhere else on the computer! This video is entitled "Cazin's Jig."
2 comments:
K School, you are one brave soul! I'm still laughing about your fall, but only bc I know you're ok:) And bc I know that Mike would be disappointed if he was the only one that got a good laugh at your expense.
So glad y'all had a good time! These are the memories that y'all willl talk about for years to come!
wow what a day! that Cazin jig is the best!
Post a Comment