Monday, March 23, 2009

A lesson from Fancy Nancy

Because Jujube did not have school today, I lugged the kids to Jazzercise and then to Lam Brothers to shop for a bookshelf. Browsing the store, Jujube was ooo-wing and aah-wing at everything. We got to the back where they have used/old furniture and miscellaneous items and Julia was full of curiosity. I started down another aisle when I heard, "Mommy this store is fascinating!" Thank you Fancy Nancy books! Nancy is a lively character who loves to accessorize and use fancy words like fuchsia instead of pink or exquisite instead of beautiful. Julia has even taken to lifting her pinkie finger when playing with her tea set. When we made banana boats for dessert tonight she exclaimed that they were "fantastic!"

I also have to comment on my boy's speech. Cazin has turned into a little parrot copying anyone who throws out a catchy phrase. He now calls me "mommy" instead of just "mi." Repeating it over and over again he is so pleased with himself. His new skill of conquering 2 syllables has opened up more vocabulary and simple sentences. Today, MFS and friends should be happy that Cazin's word of the day was "face." Mike's vocab is even infiltrating our 2 year old!

I promised a photo of Ella after a bath. Frustration over unruly curls starts early!

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

That pic cracks me up. That sweater is adorable.

Lauren said...

I noticed Julia's pinky lift duing my visit and it cracked me up!!
I can't believe Cazin is saying face. we are all guilty of that though. thanks MFS...
I'm on night shift and miss your pregnant up at 3 AM days!!