Wednesday, August 5, 2009

check-up and cupcakes

Ella's 6 month well-check was this morning. She is right on course and we will finally start solids provided that I drag the highchair up from the basement and hose it off. We are to continue her on the soy and hold off on dairy till she turns 1. Ella by the numbers:
Length: 26 in (50%)
Weight: 17 lb 2 oz (75%)
Head Circumference: 42.8 cm (50%)

For a treat we made cupcakes. Too bad the cupcakes didn't bring out the sweetness in my kids today. Or me for that matter. Time out was a hot spot all afternoon interrupted by mandatory R&R time in their bedroom so that I could lay down for 30 minutes and collect my sanity and rest my vocal chords. For dinner I am turning to one of my comfort foods: homemade mac 'n cheese.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I am a firm believer that mac 'n cheese really can cure all that ails you (I ate some for breakfast). Sorry you had a rough day. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Julie, the mama said...

Those cupcakes look almost as delicious as baby Ella. I could eat that sweet girl up with a spoon.

Lauren said...

um, yum those cupcakes look good!!! remind me to tell you about this new recipe for cupcakes I am dying to try-- cheeseburger cupcakes with a brownie pattie in the middle!!