Shameful parenting moment to share. The reception was held at The Cain's place on Patten Pond. There were a few teenagers playing with all the younger kids and MFS and I let our kid radar slip. I thought he was watching them, he thought I was watching them. When we were getting ready to leave, I went into the house to change Ella and Mike came up to me and said, "Guess where Cazin was...He just rolled himself down on the dock and right up in a canoe. All by himself." My heart seized for a moment and then relaxed when I saw him intact and dry. And the rest of the day, into the night (and currently) this has been my prayer of thanksgiving: "Thank you Jesus for keeping Cazin safe when we failed to." Not one of my proudest (and I'm sure not my last) parenting moments.
Leah and David arrived at the reception via their wedding present from the groom's parents. I'm not a sportsman of the water, but the canoe was just exquisite and was made by David's father. It was even outfitted with a VT flag.
2 comments:
You guys have been on the go, go, go. Glad you guys had a good trip.
Whew! That story about my boy has got me all a mess right about now. Can't believe you didn't call me about this one! I pray that prayer you said after that all the time too! Glad y'all had a fun trip.
P.S. I think being married to a hotel snob would be sooooo fun! (But, I'm making progress; Bill doesn't make us stay at the base hotel anymore!)
Post a Comment