Monday, August 2, 2010

A little bit scared

There was a lot of excitement last night packing the lunchbox and filling the water bottle. Picking out an outfit and laying it out on the banister. (Yes! We are back to our ritual.) Making sure everything was in its place. This morning was met with the same kind of enthusiasm and brave face, but before we left Jujube said "Mommy, I'm going to bring my Frankies. Now I know its going to be a short time, but I'll leave them in the car so I know where they are if I need them."

I've said this before, but thankfully I have my 2 younger turkeys to keep me distracted enough from crying. Just before entering the threshold of the school, Jujube turns to me and says, "Mommy, I'm a little bit scared." In my mind I was thinking that makes two of us. Jujube never dives head first. She is cautious. She measures her environment. She slowly warms up. But in the end, she loves school. I told her all of the kids are new and this week is all about doing fun things and getting to know her teachers and her classroom. Turns out she had a great time and was all smiles when I picked her up.

We made playdoh and umm I also played with a doll house. We made a shape collage. Annnnddd....what we also did was we ate and played on the playground and read a book. I made three new friends today. You did? What are their names? Umm....I don't remember. I think one of the friends is Emily. Or maybe its Emmy...She has curly hair and she was wearing a dress that was purple and white plaid. And she was wearing a white bow I think.

The stellar mom that I am, I forgot the CF card for the camera. So there I was happily snapping photos in front of the school without a card. Oh well, these will have to do. Lola, Auntie Nida & Mama Mer visited today to help me around the house. The carpets are steam cleaned, curtains are hung, a giant St. Francis statue is displayed in our yard and we are ready for visitors.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Kindergarten camp! Then Kindergarten! Our girls are ready. And if you and I stick together we can be ready too.